Living in Hawaii means life is great year-round. We get the beach life, amazing weather, and the lifestyle that most people dream of — we really have it all. However, the holidays can make us want to trade the beach for the slopes, but because we’re stuck with white sand instead of snow, we’ve found the seven best things about Hawaii during the holidays:
- Bring the snow to you. During the winter months in Maui and Kauai, you may notice some of the magical white stuff congregating on top of the big island as well on top of the volcano at Mauna kea. That’s right, real snow! If you are really craving a snowman this holiday season, drive up the mountain, pack buckets of snow, and make a snowman for your front yard! The little guy may not last very long, but seeing a snowman in boardshorts will be worth it.
- Attend some holiday traditions. At the Hilo Palace Theater on the Big Island, you can catch a production of The Nutcracker or the December Celebration of Christmas in Music. Both will make you feel the season’s greetings while still enjoying the sound of the waves lapping against the sand.
- Christmas Eve dinner buffets. Need we say more? There is nothing better than an all-you-can-eat dinner with the people you love. Most hotels in Waikiki host a daily dinner buffet, but only the Prince Court and Hakone offer a special holiday selection and are open for regular hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas.
- Attend a luau. In Honolulu, the Paradise Cove luau stays open for Christmas and includes some extra holiday cheer. A luau is a great way to experience Hawaii’s beautiful traditions while also saying Mele Kalikimaka!
- All of the holiday deals at Cutter Auto. Buying a car can be a headache, but there is never a better time to buy a loved one (or yourself) a nice new car that you can stick a giant bow on! During the Christmas season, Cutter is offering a number of deals on new and used cars, as well as service specials!
- Go surfing. While surfing may not be a traditional Christmas activity, it is something unique that you can share with your family. While most families are bundling up, celebrate the holidays by grabbing your bathing suit and a board, and hit the sun and waves!
- Honolulu City Lights. Hawaii is a beautiful place, and during the holidays, it makes a spectacular show of lights at night for all to see. Along with the lights is a giant Christmas tree, live music, and full holiday displays. The best place to view the lights is from up above the city, but seeing the lights from the beach is just as great.
From all of us at Cutter Auto, we wish you and your family a very happy holiday season! Mele Kalikimaka!