Everyone on the mainland thinks living in Hawaii is all beaches and rainbows. While much of life does consist of those things, us Hawaiians struggle too because not every day is a day in paradise.
People on the mainland think you live on the beach or in a grass hut.
Hiking here means you could die. NBD. (Looks safe enough?)
3. Flip-flops? What’s a flip-flop? Oh, those are actually called slippers… be sure to leave them at the door!
4. Getting weird looks when tourists see you eating spam and loving it. (Hello, it’s actually quite good.)
5. Your favorite band is going out on tour? Yeah, definitely not coming to Hawaii.
6. Traffic anywhere on the mainland got NOTHING on traffic here.
7. And lastly, those days you actually have to wear a shirt.
One thing’s for sure though, us Hawaiians have to stick together! That’s why if you need a new car or to fix your current one, we are here to help at Cutter Auto!
It may be mid-August, but that doesn’t mean that summer is over! While you still have a few more weeks of summer sun and bliss, make the most of it by playing these great tracks from your car on the way to the beach.
According to Billboard, the top ten summer songs are:
10) “Summer Nights” – John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
9) “Hot Fun in the Summertime” – Sly & the Family Stone
8) “Surfin’ USA” – The Beach Boys
7) “Summertime” -DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
6) “Endless Summer Nights” – Richard Marx
5) “Surf City” – Jan & Dean
4) “Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini” – Bryan Hyland
3) “Wipe Out” – The Surfaris
2) “Summer in the City” – The Lovin’ Spoonful
1) “California Gurls” – Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg
There’s nothing better than a solid driving playlist, so this refreshing mix of classic oldies and funky contemporary tunes will help you soak up every last bit of that Hawaiian sun. You’ll have the whole chain of islands dancing right along with you as you cruise down the highway to any of our Cutter Auto Sales locations. Drive safely!